Microsoft Certification Exams
Microsoft certification can take you from the start of your career to its pinnacle. Certification can increase your visibility, differentiate you from your peers, and bring you for recognition for your knowledge and skills.
If you are interested on securing a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam, 2TCH IT Professionals can help you connect with Microsoft designated training centers. Arrangements can be done so that you can take the exam from our office, while you are monitored by an offshore proctor.
The exam details page for each exam contains a “Skills measured” section that you can review, along with a list of preparation tools and resources provided by Microsoft. The best way to prepare for an exam is to practice the skills listed in the preparation options. Hands-on experience with the technology is required to successfully pass Microsoft Certification exams.
- Participate in instructor-led training, either online or in the classroom.
- Access self-paced training, anytime, anywhere (ideal for those who already use Microsoft technologies).
- Review the resources provided through Microsoft Virtual Academy.
To protect exam security and the value of Microsoft certifications, the exam formats and question types are not identified before the exam. For guidance, the exam may contain any of the following:
- Active screen (video tips 0:44)
- Build list (video tips 0:45)
- Case studies (video tips 1:13)
- Drag and drop (video tips 0:37)
- Hot area (video tips 0:17)
- Multiple choice (video tips 0:37)
- Repeated answer choices (video tips 0:20)
- Short answer (video tips 0:29)
- Best answer (video tips 0:20)
- Mark review (video tips 0:33)
- Review screen (video tips 1:36)
Microsoft continually introduces innovative testing technologies and question types and reserves the right to incorporate either into exams at any time without advance notice.
Microsoft Certification exams are carefully developed with input from industry professionals to reflect how Microsoft products are used in organizations throughout the world.
- Define the skill domain. Experts identify the critical tasks performed within specific job functions and/or when using a specific technology.
- Define distribution of skills on exam. These skills are evaluated by additional technical and job function experts from around the world. Their evaluation becomes the blueprint that defines the distribution of questions across the skill domain.
- Write exam questions. Based on the blueprint, subject matter experts (SMEs) write exam questions to measure the critical skills.
- Alpha review. A panel of experts who did not write the items reviews each one for technical accuracy, relevancy, useful knowledge, and objective alignment.
- Beta test. The alpha-reviewed items are then pilot tested in an exam-like situation known as a “beta exam.” This ensures that only the best content is included in the live exam.
- Finalize question pool. The results of the beta exam are analyzed for factors such as difficulty, ability to differentiate high and low performers, reliability, and more. Only those questions that meet Microsoft’s psychometric criteria will appear on the live exam.
- Set cut score. A panel of experts works with Microsoft’s psychometrician to determine a passing score. This score is based on the skills needed to be considered competent in the skill domain and on the difficulty of the questions included on the exam.
- Live exam. Pearson VUE or Certiport, independent exam delivery providers, administer the final certification exam. The exam is available at testing centers worldwide.
- Sustainment/maintenance. After an exam is published, its psychometric performance and the ongoing validity and reliability of its questions are continually monitored. If questions are no longer valid, reliable, or performing well, they are removed or replaced and the exam is republished.
The following table lists new exams, beginning with the most recently released.
|Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Financials||MB6-702|
|Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Trade and Logistics||MB6-703|
|Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU8 Development Introduction||MB6-704|