Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU8 Development Introduction (Exam MB6-704)
Individuals wishing to obtain a certification on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU8 Development Introduction should take this exam. This exam is intended for individuals who plan to implement the basic technical tasks required to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU8 development functionality effectively in their organization. This audience typically includes technical consultants and programmers.
Candidates should have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 usage and experience in object-oriented programming.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Describe the Microsoft Dynamics AX architecture, manage the data dictionary, and manage the user interface (30–35%)
- Describe the Microsoft Dynamics AX architecture
- Identify the features of Microsoft Dynamics AX, describe the architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX, describe the development environment, describe licensing and configuration, describe the model-driven architecture
- Manage the data dictionary
- Work with MorphX and the application object tree (AOT); describe primitive and extended data types; create tables; work with indexes, relations, enumerations, and views
- Manage the user interface
- Create forms, join data sources, create menu items, create forms from form templates, work with list pages and FactBoxes
Work with X++ (35–40%)
- Describe X++
- Identify the characteristics of X++; develop by using tools, such as the debugger and the Compare Tool; describe best practices; implement reverse engineering
- Work with X++ control statements
- Work with variables, operators, conditional statements, and loops; use built-in functions; use communication tools
- Manage objects and classes
- Work with objects, classes, and inheritance; work with scoping events and parameters
- Manage exception handling
- Work with exceptions and optimistic concurrency exceptions, work with throw and try/catch statements
Manage security and database access (30–35%)
- Work with role-based security
- Set up a new user, assign roles to users, change duties on a role, change privileges on a duty, assign permissions to a privilege
- Understand security for developers
- Understand permissions and security policies, work with Code Access Security, use display method authorization
- Access the database
- Retrieve data, manipulate data, work with queries
Note: This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format.